The Community Relations Team met in December and has found new life and a new leader. Jake Eichel was persuaded to take over as chair. We thank Matt Huesser for his years of leadership and the good things that happened during his tenure.
The group has planned some terrific events for both our members and the general public. The purpose of the team is to bring us out into the community, and hopefully to raise some money while doing that.
So here are what we’ve planned, and the leaders of each event for your questions and comments. Mark your calendars!!
- Pretzel Sales will continue on the third Sunday of each month. (Norm Branyan & Mary Ann Jones)
- Potluck Supper (Love One Another) & Candy Bar Bingo, March 2 (Carol Strock, Gary Rutter)
- Palm Sunday Pancake Breakfast, March 25 (Jennie & Don Troxell)
- Chicken BBQ April 29 (Sharon Rutter & Denise Hosier)
- Phillies Game vs. San Diego Saturday, July 21, WB Mason truck giveaway night for kids! (Pastor Dave)
- Clean a Highway maybe sometime this summer (Jennie Troxell)
- Chili Cookoff, paired with craft show or flea market, probably October 6 (need leaders)
- Bus Trip to Sight & Sound December 1 SOLD OUT! (Mary Ann Jones)
See Jake Eichel or any of our event leaders to volunteer! Next meeting of the team is Tuesday, March 6 at 7 p.m. If you’re interested in having fun while bringing the church into the community, join us!